Sunday, January 24, 2016

Backyard Kitchen and Brew in UP Town Center: My Review

I met with my former college classmates last week and had lunch at this much-talked about restaurant in UP Town Center - Backyard Kitchen and Brew. As we got in the restaurant, I noticed a cool vibe with lots of interesting stuff like bucket lamps, old car plates repurposed as lamp covers, etc. 


We started with the famous Salted Egg Chicken Skin Flatbread. The saltiness of the salted egg and chicken skin is tempered by the sweetness of the cherry tomatoes. The ricotta cheese and mozzarella give it more character. I'm not fond of flatbreads, but I like this one; it has the right thickness, baked with the just the right crispness but you can still roll it like a pizza. 


We also had the Slow Roasted Pork Belly. It's an all-in-one meal of sliced beef belly, fried egg, mushroom gravy on top of herbed barley. The barley is supposed to be a rice substitute. I kinda liked the combination. I'm a true blue rice junkie - I eat rice thrice a day, but this time, I didn't miss eating rice with this dish. Really good! :)


For dessert, we had the Pizzookie. It's a giant chewy chocolate cookie with 2 scoops of Mantecado ice cream. The ice cream blended in perfectly with the cookie and seemed like for the 3 of us sharing the dessert, I felt like I needed to have more. LOL! 


Overall, this is a restaurant with good and affordable food. I will definitely come back to try the other items in their menu. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment